Anyone experiencing or fleeing a domestic violence situation is able to access a variety of services at no cost at A Safe Place.
- Speak to someone knowledgeable about domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, or abuse against older adults and people with disabilities
- Discuss ways to stay safe
- Find out about housing and other basic resources
- Apply for a temporary order of protection or file a police report
- Learn about the court process and legal issues
- Attend a support group or receive counseling
- Learn about financial empowerment
- Talk with service providers from different agencies in one visit
Support groups offered at A Safe Place:
- Abuse Later in Life: Fridays from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Abuse Recovery Ministry Services Christian Support Group: Tuesdays from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- CWS Women’s Group: Wednesdays from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sexual Assault Support Group: Mondays from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Temporary Protection Orders
Protection orders can be obtained at A Safe Place Monday through Friday during business hours.
In order to file an order and appear before the judge in the same day, paperwork must be reviewed and filed with A Safe Place before 10:30 a.m.
Paperwork completed after 10:30 a.m. can be filed at a later date by calling in to our office on the day you are ready to file.